These measures reflect the state governments restrictions as of Dec. 6th.
- Although masks are no longer required in church, everyone is still advised to wear a mask.
- Upon entering or exiting, please keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others. In order to facilitate this, please do not linger near the door, but proceed into the sanctuary as soon as you are able.
- Anyone who is unwell or has virus-like symptoms is asked to stay home, and anyone who arrives at church showing symptoms of unwellness may be asked to leave.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance door, and all attendees should make use of it.
- The person on door duty will mark an attendance sheet for regular members, and take the name and contact details of all visitors.
- In order to minimise contact, the offering bowl will not be passed during the service, but will be in the entry hall, so members are asked to place their offering in the bowl as they arrive.
IN THE SANCTUARY
- In order to maintain social distancing, please sit in those seats that are marked (BH) or one family unit per pew section (OG). Members of the same household are able to sit together, but otherwise we will attempt to maximise the distance between people. Note that we are now required to limit the capacity of the church to 1 person for every 2 sq. m. of area. This relaxation of restrictions means that we can easily accommodate our congregations.
- Singing is, unfortunately, a singularly effective spreader of the virus, we ask that you wear a mask while singing.
- There will be no physical contact during the passing of the Peace, and people are asked to greet one another from an appropriate distance.
- On communion Sundays, the bread will be pre-cut, the wine will be served in individual glasses, only the person serving will touch the plate and tray, and only the recipient will touch their serving of the elements.
- The minister will greet people at the door after the service, but without shaking hands. Please remember to keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others as you exit.
- After the service the pews, door handles, headphones, books and any other contact surfaces will be disinfected.